Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hi Ho Cheerios

Surprise, Surprise I am alive.

I figured it was about time to catch up on myself and with you.

March ended with a visit to my family in Chewelah for family pictures. I will be going to get them this weekend and I will share them with you. It was quit a day with so many of us there. Let's see---There was Matthew, Angie, Marquis, Daniel, Kymberly, myself, Angie's folks--Glenna and Ernie, and then her Grandfather, Glen. Everyone looked so nice.
Ang commented on how nice my hair looked, thanks to DJ, and I told her that it had lots of hair spray in it. A couple days after the pictures I showered. She laughed when she saw just how flat my hair was. Wow, what a difference.

April 10th is my brother's, Billy, Birthday and two of his grandchildren, Wyatt and Madison. So, on the Saturday before Easter, we had a Birthday party at Beachview. Billy turned 49 which means that on my Birthday I will be 59. Wyatt turned 7 and Madison 1. It was a fun day.
Family gatherings are always hard for Billy's wife, Deb as his first wife Deb is always present as she is the kids' mother. I understand how she feels.
Here are a few pictures from that day.
Little Madison with her Mama. Happy First Birthday.
Happy Birthday Billy. Here he is with his Granddaughter Meghan.
Dad wishes Billy happy 49th.Billy with our double cousin, Steven. He is as close as any brother could ever be. So strange to look at these two grown men and remember the two little boys that played happily together for hours.

Wyatt had a great 7th Birthday. Two of his friends also came.

I looked forward to Easter and spending another day with these wonderful people but that was not to be. I ended up staying home with kidney stones. On Wednesday of that week, I had it taken care of.

Then in, also, in April I made a big decision. I decided to have gastric bypass. So now I am in the process of preparing myself mentally and physically for this procedure. It is scheduled for June 29. I am scared but at the same time excited. I will keep you up to date. I have to lose 40 lbs by June 29. So far I have lost 12.

Now, we are in May. I wonder what happened to Spring? Today I go up to Post Falls for an exercise day in prep for my surgery.

I do it again on Friday but instead of coming home I am going to Matthew's for Angie's birthday the 7th. Her mom has it all planned out for her. We all went together to get Angie a special gift for her Lama, a harness for the cart.

The 8th of May is Mason's 1st Birthday. That is Billy's grandson.

Here he is with Deb. And again with his Mama, Molly.

There, you are caught up with me and so am I. Have a great soggy day. I am off to Post Falls.

No comments: